Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Blessed Forever

Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. (Romans 01:24-25, NKJV).

In these two words, “blessed forever”, Paul provides us with the only proper response to God. A perfect way to understand what he means is to look at how the NIV translates it: He is to be forever praised.

God is worthy of our praise, and being honored as God, for all eternity. There is no diminishment over time, there is no reason ever to do less, and it brings to mind the magnificent ways the Bible reveals to us the character and essential nature of our Creator, especially in relation to us, His creatures.

I have listed below just a few of these. Note how and what God is... It is clear why we will praise Him forever. These are things about God that are vital for you to know, and to keep close to your heart, for the world and the enemy will try to take them from you, but they cannot.

God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good? - Numbers 23:19

For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God. - Deuteronomy 4:24

for the LORD your God is He who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.’ - Deuteronomy 20:4

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” - Joshua 1:9

God is my strength and power, And He makes my way perfect. - 2 Samuel 22:33

...for our God is greater than all gods. - 2 Chronicles 2:5

...for the LORD your God is gracious and merciful, and will not turn His face from you if you return to Him.” - 2 Chronicles 30:9

God is wise in heart and mighty in strength. Who has hardened himself against Him and prospered? - Job 9:4

God is a just judge, And God is angry with the wicked every day. - Psalms 7:11

God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. - Psalms 46:1

For God is the King of all the earth; Sing praises with understanding. - Psalms 47:7

Behold, God is my helper; The Lord is with those who uphold my life. - Psalms 54:4

When I cry out to You, Then my enemies will turn back; This I know, because God is for me. - Psalms 56:9

I will wait for You, O You his Strength; For God is my defense; - Psalms 59:9

In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God. - Psalms 62:7

Our God is the God of salvation; And to GOD the Lord belong escapes from death. - Psalms 68:20

My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. - Psalms 73:26

For God is my King from of old, Working salvation in the midst of the earth. - Psalms 74:12

For the LORD God is a sun and shield; The LORD will give grace and glory; No good thing will He withhold From those who walk uprightly. - Psalms 84:11

Exalt the LORD our God, And worship at His holy hill; For the LORD our God is holy. - Psalms 99:9

Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; Yes, our God is merciful. - Psalms 116:5

The king answered Daniel, and said, “Truly your God is the God of gods, the Lord of kings, and a revealer of secrets, since you could reveal this secret.” - Daniel 2:47

The LORD God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer’s feet, And He will make me walk on my high hills... - Habakkuk 3:19

God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” - John 4:24

What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? - Romans 8:31

And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16

In addition to all these magnificent truths, there is one other that never ceases to speak to my heart:

After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward.” (Genesis 15:1, NKJV).

God is not a man and does not lie. He is a consuming fire and is with you wherever you are for all time and beyond time. He is your strength and power and is greater than all gods. He is gracious and merciful, wise and mighty. God is a just and righteous judge, and is, and always will be, your refuge and strength. He is the King of all the earth, and your King. He is your helper. He is for you and will always be your defender. He is your salvation and glory. Only through Him will you escape the bonds of death. He is light and protection. He is holy and merciful. He is your shield and your reward.

He is all these things for you. He loved you so much (He IS love) that He sent His Son to die so that you will live forever.

I want you to know who your God is, beloved, so that no one deceives you with empty words or the futility of the philosophies and imaginations of mere men.

Love,


Dad